• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Simplified Turn Signals with 4 Way Flasher diagram

calw

After deciding to update my cars wiring and finding out that all in my collection of emergency flasher switches are cr*p (mechanically),  I decided that it was time to roll my own turn signal and flasher circuit. 

I also decided to ignore the 2002 feature which allows one side of the turn signals to be on steady with ignition off and key removed, as I don't park overnight on narrow European streets and prefer to have everything off with the key removed (yeah, with the exception of the 4 way flashers).  The circuit below is NOT exactly what you will find in your 2002 but it serves the same function otherwise.

It's not complicated, but you do need a 3 pole double throw switch to turn on the emergency 4-way flashers.  The diagram shows wiring, with little arrows to indicate who feeds what

image.png

I'm using a Speedhut GPS speedometer, which has L and R turn signal indicator LED's.  Those will simply attach to the L and R light wires.  Fuses are not shown in this diagram.  Some cars use separate fuses for left and right side lights, some don't.  I chose to fuse the entire circuit with single fuses from the inputs as "15" and "30"  (upper right corner of this diagram)

• Like 2

If you guys are electronics type people, you need to schedule a time to visit Cal.  Or visit anyway and go to A&W for lunch,  because there is nothing else where he lives.  :)  (Oh hell!  Maybe there's all kinds of other food and he just really loves A&W...)

His car is beautiful.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

nah, there's actually nuthin' in town worth going to food-wise.  At least A&W is reliably open.  I went into the empty Subway a few weeks ago on a thursday afternoon and waited 10 minutes for someone to come to the other side of the counter before walking out.  Door open, no customers, no staff.  curious....