Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 01:50   #1
BHPian

Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed

Finally, Mazda revealed the new three-row CX-90 on Jan 31st in LA. This replaces the CX-9 eventually.

Based on the new large platform architecture Mazda is pushing itself more upscale with
- plush luxurious interiors
- rear-wheel drive-based, with AWD as standard
- two engine options - 3.3-liter turbo inline 6, 330 HP Mild Hybrid, and a Plug-in Hybrid

The smaller two-row CX-50 is expected later part of the year.

Price and specs are expected end of March.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Mods, didn't find any dedicated thread for this bold move by Mazda. Please merge as necessary.
Attached Thumbnails
Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed-2024mazdacx90turboinline6suv.jpeg  

Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed-2024cx90overviewphevgallery05.jpeg  

Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed-2024cx90overviewphevgallery02.jpeg  

Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed-2024mazdacx90turboinline68passengercapacitywith3rowseating.jpeg  

Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed-2024mazdacx90turboinline6seatingoptions.jpeg  

Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed-2024cx90overviewphevgallery09.jpeg  

BusyBoyKK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 02:19   #2
BHPian

re: Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed

Yes, got an invite by the local dealer to check out the vehicle. I have the CX-5 and dont need an upgrade as of now, but nothing drastically different from the outer design per se , saw that they have improved the engine specifications and hybrid versions are a welcome addition.
Excited about the 3.3 ltr, 6 cylinder in-line version than the 2.5 liter one as my biggest gripe with the CX-5 , the engine are not peppy enough. However, my eyes are clearly set on the Miata.
Old 2nd February 2023, 02:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

I bought a CX-8 two years ago as Mazda seems to be the only JOEM left with some focus on the driver. And although they’ve been moving up the price ladder steadily, I find their cars to be much more VFM compared to the others.

Unfortunately we won’t get the CX-90 in Japan. I am still looking forward to the CX-80 though. Love the clean designs.
Viju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 06:14   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Bold move indeed and Mazda has pulled out all stops in all departments except for one in my opinion. It looks like a grown-up/face lifted CX-9. The exterior design is pleasant and non-offensive. I certainly prefer this to Hyundai/KIA/BMW's flamboyant/quirky design language. I feel that Mazda could have done something more to differentiate this from the CX-9.

Mazda usually gets the fundamental engineering and driving dynamics right. However, I'm skeptical about their Hybrid/PHEV expertise. The Mazda MX-30 EV is one of the worst BEV to come from Japan along with the Toyabru Solterra/bz4x. Three cars that scream, "We don't want to make electric vehicles". Let's see what the real world tests reveal on the CX-90 Hybrid/PHEV

Otherwise, this is a great addition to the SUV market and it will be interesting to see how this David versus Goliath battle plays out.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 10:32   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mazda CX-90 3-row SUV revealed

Maybe they didn't announce the diesel since it was a North American launch? The 3.3l inline-6 diesel in the CX-60 will surely be at home in the CX-90.

Wonder what is Mazda's plan for their sedans. The Mazda 6 has been discontinued in USA, making the expectation of Mazda becoming the VFM BMW a bit of a question. Guess they will be concentrating on the crossovers and mint money right now.

Anyhow, we won't be getting Mazda in India anytime in the near future, so why salivate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks