Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2023, 12:09   #1
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Motorcycle India appoints Kenichi Umeda as new MD

Suzuki Motorcycle India has announced the appointment of Kenichi Umeda as the new Managing Director of the company. He replaces Satoshi Uchida, who completes his term as the MD of the company.

Suzuki Motorcycle India appoints Kenichi Umeda as new MD-mr.-kenichi-umeda-managing-director-suzuki-motorcycle-india-pvt.-ltd..jpg

Kenichi Umeda has over 27 years of experience across various global markets. Umeda will be responsible for strengthening the brand's position in the Indian and overseas markets.

Suzuki currently offers a wide range of products in India. These include the Gixxer and Gixxer SF with 155cc and 250cc engines, the V-Strom SX ADV and scooters like the Avenis, Access 125 and Burgman Street. Suzuki's big bike range includes the Katana, Hayabusa and V-Strom 650XT.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 8th April 2023 at 12:13.
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 17:31   #2
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Motorcycle India appoints Kenichi Umeda as new MD

Hope this change brings back the GSX lineup in India.
Old 9th April 2023, 11:05   #3
BHPian

One of the first things I would want Suzuki Motorcycle India is to make few important changes to their line-up. With their existing Gixxer models, they have somehow managed to keep the 150-250cc segment alive and lukewarm. Now that the competition is gearing up from Hero (Xtreme 160), TVS (Apache RTR 160 2V and 4V, RTR 200 4V) and Yamaha (MT-15 and R15), I would like Suzuki to level up their 250cc offerings. They have this beautiful model in the US, the GSX-250R. It is quite a firecracker in terms of its spec sheet for Indian conditions. Generally it has been overlooked in the US in favour of the CBR300R, which serves as the go-to beginner bike. It is overlooked because of its 250cc engine.

I personally feel that this would be a huge opportunity to fill in some gap left by a certain make and model of another Japanese company. This platform really has the potential to kick off safe and reliable motoring, as opposed to the current Gixxer 250SF stories on this forum. This can give them a chance to bring back the Inazuma nameplate too. Their 150cc range can stick around with the oil cooled engines, but for what a 250cc can do in India, I think this holds a lot of promise and a lot of potential for what it is as a platform. They can cross-use the consoles from their current line-up and this platform to make a winner model.

As of now, Suzuki is stuck as a basic commuter scooter brand in India. Their marketing department is hugely a reason why their GS150R failed, even inspite of being such a brilliant motorcycle. They have a very rich motorsport legacy and heritage. And I would believe that this would help them sell motorcycles. "Win Races on sunday and sell on monday" strategy would help them a lot right now, considering the onslaught that Yamaha is shortly going to bring to India.

Also, Suzuki, please hire me

Old 10th April 2023, 14:59   #4
BHPian

From having a pretty large big bike portfolio, a few years back, to having just 3 now, I really wish they'd bring back all of these models in their refreshed avatars. The Vstrom 1050, the GSX1000, 750, GSXF, GSXR, and the new 800's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks