ajitthite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Quest for my favourite food - Misal Pav, on the outskirts my town

Hello friends,

Misal pav is a well-known Indian dish that originates in Maharashtra, my native state. It's also my all-time favorite dish! 😍

A full dish with Misal Pav and butter milk

Misal, a hot curry typically made with moth beans, and pav or a type of Indian bread roll, are the main ingredients. The dish's final garnish includes onions, lemon, coriander, dried farsan, or sev (also known as
Bombay Mix). It is typically served with dahi and papad or bread rolls toasted with butter and a glass of buttermilk. It is frequently served as a breakfast item, but it can also be considered a complete meal. Included among the regional varieties on offer are Kolhapuri (originating in the Kolhapur region), Puneri (originating in the Pune district), Nashik, and Ahmednagar.

The more details can be read in these following posts:

This time, I'm covering the latest Misal Pav outlet and taking a different route to Pune. I will share my experience at Oscarwadi Misal on the Saswad-Bopdev-Pune road. We've been going there a lot lately, and it's become our favourite spot for it. Nowadays, there are many misal pav outlets mashroomed nearby as it is a hot selling food in that region. It is just above half an hour's drive (approximately 13 km/8 miles) from my home. It is very prominently located on the main road. The large amount of parking space for all vehicle types available in front of the hotel was the first thing that caught the eye.

A front view of the Oscarwadi Hotel

The welcoming facade was simple but appealing, with a typical neon-signed logo. The service was excellent, and the staff was attentive and well-behaved. Other Maharashtrian snacks, such as Wada pav and different types of Bhel, were also available. We tried each one of these three and enjoyed it a lot. All of them were spicy and delicious!! Tea, coffee, butter milk, cold drinks were also available as suppliments.

A delicious full dish of Misal pav and butter milk.

A dish of wada pav with dy sev as topping, a different way of serving it.

A glass full of delicious buttermilk as an appetizer.

My family was enjoying the snacks. 

A cutout of ad campaign showing screenshot of my Google Maps review.

After my first visit, as a routine, I dropped a Google Maps review, and to my surprise, the business's owners used a picture of it in their advertisement. Fortunately, my friend published it, and when he saw my name, he made sure to let me know. ( I think Tushar also mentioned this in his post referred above. Thanks once again, Tushar!

Because I love misal pav, I've compiled a list of hotels near Pune's outskirts that I've visited, mostly along the highways. Here it is. As I start my quest once more, I hope to start adding new!

Till then, cheers!

Note: If anyone has their own experience, posts, reviews with photos, or the list, they can share it in their respective comments.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
16 comments
Level 8

Re: Quest for my favourite food - Misal Pav, on the outskirts my town

Simply superb and my favorite breakfast. The Storefront photo is eye-catching. Very nicely written post. I loved the cover photo and my mouth is watering seeing the photo. Yes, I remember that @Tushar_Suradkar mentioned this featured review. The name of the shop is very unique. I liked it. Thank you so much for sharing this place and it's information with us. 

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Connect Moderator

ऑस्करवाडी ची मिसळ पाहून तोंडाला पाणी सुटले 😋

आता एकदा तरी भेट नक्की देणार.

Review featured झाल्याबद्दल अभिनंदन @ajitthite 

Level 10

Hello, dear friend, @ajitthite 

Another hour from you...

Congratulations...

To be frank, Misal Pav is not that popular to south most India, i feel (may be it's my limited knowledge); whereas, Vada Pav is very popular.

Of course, I have enjoyed this dish, when my daughter ordered it online - yes, online orders will not have the effect of having it freshly from the restaurant.

Excellent photos, especially the Store Front... the name Oscarwadi sounds unique.

Appreciate your family photo in the restaurant.

Thanks for sharing these details...

👍🌷🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 9

I am sure it must be one of the favourite of most of the Maharashtrians @Rohan10 !! 😋😃

Now, they are expanding and have opened many braches almost on all the highways connecting Pune. I saw couple of outlets on Pune Bengaluru highway also. Good wishes to them!

Thanks for liking the post and the photos and always supporting me.

Cheers!

Level 9

धन्यवाद @Tushar_Suradkar मित्रा!
बरेच दिवस राहून गेली होती हि पोस्ट टाकायची. सहज आठवले कि तू एकदा तुझ्या पोस्ट मध्ये लिहिले होतेस ह्या बद्दल मग लगेच संदर्भ घेऊन लिहून टाकले. 

त्यांची मुळशीला पण शाखा असे ऐकले आहे, बघायला पाहिजे.

सदैव मार्गदर्शन करत राहिल्या बद्दल धन्यवाद !

Level 9

Yes @TravellerG sir, it is not very famous down south of India but on demand within Maharashtra and also some part of Gujrat and MP, rather conneted states of Maharashtra.

Wada Pav is simply amazing snack item and available and famous across the India, I agree!! Both are my favourite dishes. That unique name of this outlet attrcated many like us and in return, if you get delicious snacks then nothing like it! 

Thanks for supporting me throughout here, your feedback means a lot to me!

Cheers!

Level 10

Most welcome, dear Ajit Ji... 

I shall be trying Misal Pav shortly... 

Thanks for your valuable companionship. 

Regards, @ajitthite Ji 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Hello @ajitthite 

I really liked your description and I took note of your dinner.
Calling it breakfast is strange for me, I usually have breakfast with coffee, a slice of bread and jam. 😀Congratulations on your post and thanks for sharing.

Level 9

Thanks @DENIT33 for your appreciation. 

Although I would consider it more as a brunch, the locals here definitely regard it as a breakfast too. 😃

Cheers!